Thursday, January 20, 2005

I am in love with the world

So goes the croon..."I fell in love with the world, when it gave me a place to be.."

If a blind girl can love the world so much, then what are we slouching about?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lissa Hermans, a blind 8 year old child, sang the song "I am in love with the world" as part of a performance at the Chicken Shed Theater company in London. Princess Diana, who was at the performance, took further interest in the group which included many a disabled people.

This led, in late 1997, to the Chicken Shed group re-creating the song as part of a tribute album to Diana.

Wonderful lyrics...made even more wonderful and moving, when you consider that it is a blind girl singing with so much feeling...

I am in love with the world
With its fires and its seas and its pain
I am in love with the world
As it spins round my soul again

I fell in love with the world
When it gave me a place to be
You cannot fall out of love
With your world shining through
Let your world fall in love with you

You think you're lost to the world
With your life lived in shadows of fear
Days lost without you too long
No-one close no-one kind no-one near
You try to hide when your world dies inside
Never fade away
Dreams turn to stars so you don't lose the end of your day
Let your world fall in love with you

I felt your feelings before
And the world tried to pull me through
Through all its time and its space
It is speaking to you

Considering all this, lets show some love to the world one person at a time.
Make this a better place. Make us a better race.

No comments: