Thursday, November 25, 2004

'Tis the season for giving thanks...

So, what are you thankful for, in your life?

Me? I am thankful for everything that is going on in my life. Things are not exactly all hunky-dory, but hey, considering that it could be just as well be really worse than what it is. And thats what I am thankful for.

I am thankful for the fact that I am a living breathing thinking being, who has the ability to distinguish the right from the wrong, the dos from the donts.

I am thankful for the fact that I am able to make a living for myself, and at the same time set aside time to take care of mine.

I am thankful for the fact that God has given me the ability to appreciate the finer things in life - that glorious desert sunset, the rainbow in the skies on a rainy-sunny day, an elephant caring and doting on its calf, the misty dewy crispy winter mornings at home, the hot cup of south Indian filter coffee in the morning from the loving hands of mother, arguing and talking with father, wrestling with brother, playing tag-you're it with sister, listening to cute nothings from nieces, seeing the dog making a fool of itself fawning over a long-gone visitor....the list just goes on and on and on and on

Ultimately I am thankful that there is still good left in the world that is worth fighting for - whether that good is in family or country notwithstanding.

Happy Thanksgiving

No comments: