Thursday, February 17, 2005

Winged Migration

One of the perks of living/growing up in an area blessed with tropical climes? You get to see the flocking of the so-called snow birds of course..and no, I am not talking of people that flee colder climes. I am talking of the "real" birds...our feathered friends.

Vedanthangal..about 80-odd kilometers SSW of Chennai...a tank that serves as the set-up, a grove of Barringtonia Acacia, dry evergreen shrub and thorn forests providing nestling grounds. Simple, and yet wonderful. (Now if only I know how to identify the birds from pictures....)

Anyway...courtesy M.Subbu (Austin, TX), here is a peek at the splendor of Vedanthangal..

Simple and yet wonderful..the splendour of Vendanthangal bird sanctuary, in Tamil Nadu, India
Posted by Hello










2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Picture Dude.. Never been to Vedanthagal though I am in Chennai for 2 decades.

Nth Dimension said...

Vasanth, these are not my pictures..I am just posting a friends' pictures...but thanks anyway.